View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 11:43 PM

Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsig View Post
I can't answer that, not having a CORE. The Venom does co-witness with my FNX-45T, which has elevated sights for that purpose. I would contact both S&W and Vortex customer service. If they both say yes to co-witness, there you are. However, I hope some of our fellow Forum members with COREs will help you out here.

As a practical matter, I've not found co-witnessing to be essential while shooting with a red dot. If it is properly sighted in, the bullet will go where the red dot is pointed, whether or not it is co-witnessed. When I'm shooting, I pretty much ignore the iron sights, and just line up the dot with the target.
I have a CORE in the 4.25" slide. One of the Vortex, can't remember which now, doesn't have a plate to fit. Maybe they've come out with one since I looked it up a year ago.

On the cowitnessed dot, I have wondered about it a lot. I haven't bought an optic yet, but want to soon. My fear is muscle memory from shooting with the dot optic way above the iron sights not working well if I want to shoot a gun with iron sights. Also, having the iron sights visible thru the optic is important if the optic stopped working during an important shoot/match/confrontation.

I appreciate this discussion. Its helpful for me too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: