View Single Post

Old 04-20-2018, 12:40 AM

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Very simply put...different people shoot different guns...differently!

Physiological differences (hand size, hand/arm strength, posture), previous experience(s), comfort-level, etc....are all contributing factors to how well and individual shoots a particular gun well or not so well.

Just keep in mind...if you don't shoot a particular gun well, oh well! Keep working at it until you find a manufacture + model that you do shoot well...and work with it.

I prefer Glocks...not because they're Glocks...but because I grew up shooting SA revolvers...and the grip angle of the Glock pistol mimics the grip angle of the revolvers I grew up with...so it's 'natural' for me.

I have friends who grew up shooting 1911's...and they love how one fits/feels in their grip...because they're used to it. I can shoot a 1911...but not as fast nor as consistently accurate unless I slow way down and work with it. BTW...I usually out-shoot them with my Glock 36 single-stack .45...but only because it is more accurate than I am...heh heh!

It doesn't make a 1911 a bad pistol...it's actually a really great pistol...it's just not a 'preferred' pistol for me...at least not for what I would consider a top choice for something to use in 'critical-shooting' situations!

My wife shoots her HK P2000SK 9mm much better than the Glock 19 pistol...she likes the grip better and prefers the 'smoother' slide action of the HK over the Glock...and her 'on-target' shooting at 21' is 1/2 the diameter with the HK vs the Glock.

Everyone has a preference...9mm, .40, .45...Beretta, Glock, Ruger, S&W...find what fits you...and practice!