View Single Post

Old 04-20-2018, 06:30 PM

Liked 7,601 Times in 1,448 Posts

The aesthetics of the newer guns plastic, stainless, rails and adjustable stocks, etc. leave me cold. I have no love for how they look and no compulsion to collect them.

From a function stand point I do appreciate them. I have some beautiful blued steel and fine walnut rifles, shotguns and revolvers that I use and love. They have a soul beyond that of just being a tool.

I also own some plastic fantastics: a couple of S&W Shields, S&W M&P 15 VTAC, a Glock, a Winchester SX3 semi auto shotgun and a Ruger American bolt rifle. They are all great tools and do their jobs superbly. Other than being cold, impersonal and lacking soul they are okay. Not a one of them are on my never sell list. If something happened to one I can walk into any gun emporium and buy another just like the last one.

So do I like the new guns, not really, but I do own a few because they do what they do so very well.

Thankfully one can buy new manufactured blued metal and fine walnut guns or plastic and coated stainless steel firearms.

Both bought new this year: both bought for less than $500 and both shoot sub MOA. We're blessed we can still have the best of both worlds, new and old.

[img]http://a4.pbase.com/o10/10/209910/1/165830886.CgU8b9Pl****GER.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Bill Bates; 04-20-2018 at 06:35 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: