Thread: Shield EZ dud
View Single Post

Old 04-22-2018, 09:47 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmike7189 View Post
I disagree...when I go to the lgs to buy ammo, the hardest to find is 380acp.....because it is so popular now...
I never said it wasn't popular. I just said it's not a good first gun. The two are mutually exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggbbruce View Post
My hold is less than solid, sometimes loosey goosey.. I draw and shoot off the hip one handed all the time..

I have NEVER had a semi that didn't function 100%..
Never a single malfunction in over 40 pistols? OK, if you say so. But just because you haven't had a malfunction doesn't mean shooter induced malfunctions are impossible. Like I said, it's not always just about holding it loosely. It could be that you just never hit the sweet spot. Maybe your grip is better than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF385 View Post
I cleaned it up nice and traded it in yesterday. I told the shop owner and he’s interested in trying it himself.

...the only other time I had such a bad experience was with a Bersa Thunder .380 (shudder).
Trading it in was probably the right thing for you. I've seen many of the .380Auto guns have lots of malfunctions. People keep telling me how great they are, but I have yet to see it. I would like nothing better than to see a .380Auto that really works well.

My sister-in-law bought a Sig Sauer P238 and she likes it a lot. I have not fired or even handled it, but she says it works good. Maybe try that.