View Single Post

Old 04-23-2018, 09:12 AM
US Veteran

Liked 32,369 Times in 5,476 Posts

If you must do this project, BE WARNED! Do not let any of your friends know that you can make a holster. Do not show your holster to anyone at your range or gun club. Don't tell your buddies at work what you have been doing with your spare time.

Made my first holster for myself in 1972. A couple of weeks later I was working on orders for other cops I worked with. Before long guys from other LE agencies started asking me to make gear for them. 24 years later I retired and started a business, but was still making holsters on the side. Economy started circling the toilet bowl, business was slowing down, so I started selling on-line in an effort to keep the bills paid. Before long I had a website running, leased shop space, hired help, and worked 7 days per week trying to keep up with orders. In 2015 I arranged sale of the business so I could retire. People are still asking me to make gear for them, but now I can truthfully say that I am bound by a ten year non-compete agreement as part of the business sale agreement.

So BE VERY CAREFUL, otherwise you may never be able to stop!
The Following 23 Users Like Post: