View Single Post

Old 04-23-2018, 07:24 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
Well, it will be interesting to hear what you report, but as always... I'm horribly skeptical of the S&W "telephone slot machine" whereby you can get many different answers or experiences depending on who answers that ring.

I love 3rd Gens... but I can't think of many full production 3rd Gens that would be worth that money, time, etc -- but we all know that you lie awake at night about things like this.
I lie awake anyway. It's my damn PAP machine.

I've never before called S&W CS about a refinishing job. I see indications on-line that refinishing is handled by the PC dept, but that doesn't make sense for what I want done... i.e., re-anodizing of a 3rd Gen alloy frame.

And you are right: I will never get back whatever money I spend on this folly. Such is the nature of refinishing in many (if not most) cases. Still, I am prepared to spend a limited amount of money experimenting with refinishing, both with this pistol and with a still-to-be-bought worn S&W revolver. There are questions in poor old TTSH's old brain still begging to be answered before I take that long dirt nap.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: