View Single Post

Old 04-24-2018, 06:48 PM

Liked 136 Times in 56 Posts

"Big bore pocket pistols" is a very attention grabbing thread title for me.
I lull myself to sleep late night searching the internet for "Micro Forty" and "Tiny Ten" and "Officers .460 Rowland".
What I am looking for is very simple: The smallest auto pistol platform per given big bore caliber.
I am not interested in a self defense sidearm that will endure many years of heavy use at the range. I am looking for the opposite: Something that will fire just enough Underwood rounds per self defense incident without worrying too much about it shattering to pieces.
I have not found what I am looking for, so my current carry rotation includes the stainless Underwood .45+P Defender, Underwood .40 Shield & G27 and Underwood 10mm G29.

I currently prefer capacity a little bit more than 6, along with a little bit more reload speed, so for now, revolvers are out for me, but I am open to preference adjustment, because stainless S&W J and K frame .357s and L frame .44 mags with traditional wood grips are candy to my eyes.

My thinking is that cartridges that offer eh oomph were not designed with stopping power foremost in mind. Statistics show that my first shot will probably not land in a tiny critical zone of the threat. Therefore, I want a cartridge that offers plenty of power, in a platform that offers reasonable capacity and that is designed for concealability.

Last edited by richbuff; 04-24-2018 at 06:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: