View Single Post

Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 AM

Liked 1,371 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnichols2 View Post
Try to find a Gel test for your gun. I kanw that it barely expanded at all on a 3" Sig P938. Your gun is 3.5", while Critical Duty is meant for 4" and above. Only a gel test will tell you for sure how much that .5" will make.

Myself; I stick to Critical Defense. Critical Duty is designed for what cops need, and Critical Defense is designed for what I need. I don't shoot through car doors.
The M&P Compact 2.0 has a 4 inch barrel, same as a Glock 19 which is a popular choice for people that put gel test videos on YouTube. Based on those tests it should work fine out of the OP's gun. Although it does favor penetration over expansion compared to Critical Defense or Speer Gold Dots.

Like you the odds of my having to shoot through barriers is pretty small and I normally carry a Glock 43 with 3.4 inch barrel so I now buy +P 124 grain Gold Dots. But I still load my remaining Critical Duty in my Compact 2.0 and will do so until it runs out.

Since the OP is price sensitive he should try looking online unless he lives in a state that prohibits buying ammo that way. When available Gold Dots can be found for 50 cents a round or a little less when purchased in bulk or in 50 round boxes. Nothing wrong with either Critical Duty or Critical Defense but I think Gold Dots are at least as good and less expensive.