View Single Post

Old 04-25-2018, 08:24 AM

Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts

My Victory is running great and has not had a light strike after pulling firing pin assembly out of the bolt to clean and oil. After 500 plus rounds no light strikes.

Yesterday while trying to take my mind off my arthritis and I found about 2000 plus rounds of Remington 36gr HP Golden in one of our sheds in box with bunch of wives stuff on top from our move here 4 years ago. These were bought prior Obama's first term, and marked $9.95 for each 525 count box.

Anyway I loaded up 40 of them in magazines for my 22 and first two mags were fine, third one had a couple that seemed kind of hot, then on 4th mag I had several more that were really loud even with suppressor.

I have never shot the pistol w/o one of my suppressors mounted and this really caught my attention enough I pulled the gun apart to check things and discovered a badly damaged buffer that had looked like new before this outing. I called S&W yesterday and told the guy I talked with what happened and that I had set it aside to use in bolt rifle and revolver, he said that was good idea. Then he said he's sending me some buffers and to have fun shooting. How cool was that, that's why I'm shooting S&W for rimfire. Great customer service.