View Single Post

Old 04-25-2018, 09:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 14,361 Times in 5,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_lover View Post
Hi Gary . . . And your ancestry? Someone cool amongst your family tree limbs? Pam
I have the same passion to find my ancestry, since I have been researching my roots for several years now. Our family is fortunate that the majority of my ancestors came to this country very early, between Mayflower times and 1720. Our family is blessed with a rich history, starting with Francis Robert Eaton coming to America on the Mayflower and a Sixth-Great Grandfather named Daniel Boone. I have been able to document 5 Civil War, 30 Revolutionary War, 7 War of 1812, and 9 French & Indian Wars veterans in my direct ancestry line.

Since I was a child, I was interested in muzzleloading guns and now own & shoot several flintlock rifles, pistols and fowlers. Must have remained in the blood-line, but as far as any of them passing down family heirloom antique guns, I got stuck with a non-functioning double-barrel hammer shotgun and a Zulu single shot shotgun, converted musket that my grandfather bought for $1.50 from a neighbor. You certainly got me beat with your inheritance.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: