View Single Post

Old 04-27-2018, 07:46 AM

Liked 1,515 Times in 257 Posts
Default The ball is still in play, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
I hope you win on the "it is still there" side. The model 27, to me, is the nicest looking gun in the S&W line.
I might have to move to another thread. Bear with me I have been married a long time and I play a "long" game. Honey has been an avid shooter for only 15 months. On Wednesday she really enjoyed herself and the S&W 25 at the range, it had been about 10 months, and many thousands of rounds through other various firearms, since she had shot it last. She made some great observations regarding its trigger pull/feel, in both double and single action and enjoyed it. We spent the rest of the day doing fun things, but didn't make it to the LGS. Thursday morning was sunny, cool and breezy, perfect for taking the dogs on a hike. After the hike we had had enough time before work to visit the LGS. It was still there, but my brain had messed with me, it was a Model 28-2! So for the last week I have been trying to learn about the 27-2 and of course in the process learned a great deal about the 28. Honey got to handle the 28, operate and dry fire it. Jason, who is on our side, let her handle and dry fire a 6in stainless Python as well. She also handled and admired, but did not fire another, as new 40 year old blued Python. All in all I have moved the ball cleanly down field. We are shooters first and foremost, so both the 28-2 at the shop and some unicorn of a 27-2 out there somewhere are still in the running. Picking between the two seems to be a common issue. I am still very interested in the 28 at the LGS because its condition is outstanding, but I feel less of a sense of urgency since it is not a 27-2 at $895.00. Thanks Everyone.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: