View Single Post

Old 04-28-2018, 07:26 PM

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

It happened after a empty mag, so the slide is already locked back. I only needed to pull it back a little and release it. I can be sure I did it correctly all the time, but three out of ten is unusual considering I've racked it a few hundred times with live rounds without any glitch.

I did clean it and lube it after I got it back. You can see some of the fresh white grease I put on the guide rail in the rear sigh picture.

The sight is not a big deal. I was just disappointed that I need to wait another week to adjust the sight and try it out. Imagine you see your girlfriend first time after a few week's trip, then discover it is that day of the month.

Since it's just range ammo, I did not pay much attention to the details. Judging from the box size and the cleanness of my finger after using the ammo, they are the same. Slightly off topic, my fingers looked like I was playing with coal after shooting the Blazer Brass ammo.

I surely hope it is just user error which caused the jam. Only a few thousands more rounds will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganScott View Post
Are we pulling the slide all the way to the rear and letting it snap forward or riding the slide? Did we clean and lube the pistol after it was returned? S&W does function test guns before they are returned. They may have wiped everything dry when they worked on the gun.

I don't see an issue with the rear sight other than the gunsmith that worked on it should have centered it before it left the factory. Loosen the set screw, center the sight, and check to see if it's sighted in again.

As an afterthought; are we shooting the same manufacturing lot of S&B that functioned fine prior to sending it back?