View Single Post

Old 04-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken158 View Post
Don’t let internet speculators and gun fighters make these kind of decisions for you.
I absolutely agree.

"The biggest negative thing I see with the porting is that if you have to fire from a retention position, it will blast hot gases and debris up toward your eyes. That's not just a distraction; it could cause permanent vision damage, and at the worst possible time."

- Massad Ayoob

"I don’t like ported barrels on self-defense guns nor do I care for them on range training guns. The clearest danger is the risk of hot, explosive gases vented up into the shooters eyes and face."

- Michael de Bethencourt

"Ported barrels can be downright dangerous when fired from retention. I have personally seen where what appeared to be part of the jacket embed itself into the face of one of our officers during retention training. Even if no hard particles leave the port, the gas definitely is directed straight into your face."

- Mike Moore, Gunsite Academy Instructor

"I have zero use for the comped Glocks. I have seen people injured from shooting them from retention and not getting the gun canted outboard enough before pulling the trigger."

- Chuck Haggard

"I do know one thing about the retention position. It sucks when one is using a ported gun!!!"

- Marty Hayes

"Compensated Glocks--retention shooting is miserable, flash is increased, and I am aware of one organization that had reliability issues with them due to debris build-up."

- Dr. Gary Roberts aka DocGKR

"I ran my Glock19C during live fire and had some issues with the muzzle blast during several positions. I had to switch to a regular Glock 19 after my nose and mouth were bleeding."

- John Rooks after attending Craig Douglas'(Southnarc) ECQC class.