View Single Post

Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM

Liked 15,509 Times in 6,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sailor View Post
I see a lot of comments from guys who won't use TG because they are concerned with double charging. I have never fully understood this. Every loading manual I have ever seen has clearly shown and labeled the maximum safe load. It is simply a matter of following directions and not putting a heavier charge than listed as safe. contrary to what many will have you believe, TG is not out to trick you in any way. Titegroup doesn't double charge, people double charge. If double charging is really an issue then it might be better to change loading practices rather than blame the components.
Not all reloaders are as careful or precise as you are, of all the Glock 40 caliber kbooms, I bet most where due to TG and a progressive press.

True it is not the powder per say, it is the speed of burn speed of the powder regardless if it is TG, BE or any of the top fastest powers.

No, it doen't need to be a double charge. Look at the pressure between a start and max load. There is not much margin there. About 0.5 grains in say 9mm. So with the super fast burn rates, pressure can exceed max very easily.

Unless you shooting 100ds or thousands of rounds, the cost for powder is cheap, relative to the projectile, primers and reloading gear.

Reloaders will spend thousands on presses, dies, washing machines and gadgets and then think they save money by using 3 grains of powder vs 5 grains.

Using fast powders for "magnum" loads (which in reality are true Max, velocity max pressure loads) makes no sense as max velocity is found with the slower powders

If one states they are shooting 357 magnum or 44 magnum and only loading for target velocity then they are really not magnum loads, but 38 special and 44 special in magnum brass.

Heck my 45 acp target load is more potent than the 44 mag load (target load) listed in a previous post so it really is not a 44 magnum just a load in that brass.

But this is all off the topic of SNS bullets melting or leading

I have used thousands of MBC regular lead bullets in many calibers, many powders and not issue.