Thread: gun belts
View Single Post

Old 04-29-2018, 07:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32,372 Times in 5,476 Posts

I have made a few (thousand) belts designed to carry the load of a holstered handgun and accessories. Learned early on that two layers of heavy leather, cemented and laminated together, will provide far better service for far longer periods than any single-layer belt. Two-layer belts resist stretching and edge roll much better than single-layer leather is capable of doing.

Being a bit of a picky old fart, I limited my offerings to the B8 Gun Belt, two layers of leather laminated and cemented, stitched together, 1.5" width around the body, tapered to 1" at the buckle and tongue (to reduce bulk at the belly). I thought that was the ideal solution.

Now that I have retired and sold the business, I understand that the Fedders family is offering a few other options based upon customer preferences (which may have exceeded my limited views of what would be best for everybody).

Suggest that you contact Lobo Gun Leather, visit with Mark and Matt, order a real belt that will still be serving your needs 5 or 10 years down the road, while all the other belts in your closet find their way into the Goodwill bag or the trash.
The Following User Likes This Post: