View Single Post

Old 04-30-2018, 11:55 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar4937 View Post
You still have the option of finding a "new in box" version, and selling the original. Even a factory refinish devalues the gun. Depending on how shrewd of a buyer you are, you might come out about the same cost of the refinish.
I don't need a replacement. I've already got a couple "clean" versions of the same pistol. This was always about testing the anodized aluminum refinishing prowess of the mothership and how they would deal with laser-applied serial numbers already so light as to be near unreadable. Truthfully, I'm kinda shocked that they don't automatically re-apply those markings with whatever extra cost to the consumer that might entail.

This topic pops up in my head every time I find an aluminum-framed 3rd Gen I want that happens to have a "cosmetically challenged" frame. It all started with a cosmetically damaged Model 3953 years ago and hasn't gotten any better. I'm just curious... but maybe not so curious that I want to spend $200 and wait 4 months to find out the result.

I really should stick with all-stainless 3rd Gens. Sometimes those aluminum frames just aren't worth the trouble.
The Following User Likes This Post: