View Single Post

Old 05-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Liked 1,393 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
50 states, each with hundreds of local taxing authorities (cities, counties, fire protection districts, library districts, regional transportation authorities, etc). Individual zip codes may span multiple taxing authorities. Staying current on all of this data, by delivery address, would require a huge database and constant updating. Remitting collected revenues to each authority would require considerable time and expense.

Call me naïve or stupid, but my position is that someone forced by action of law to perform the collection of taxes should be paid for doing so.

Those most seriously affected by such a requirement will be the smaller companies, especially the 'mom & pop shops'. Probably no alternative other than subscribing to a service for collecting all accounts, keeping track of sales taxes (by delivery address), remitting receipts to proper authorities, etc, all of which will have to be done for a fee.

Seriously, I can't imagine sitting down every month, filling out several thousands sales & use tax returns, writing checks for each, and licking all those darn stamps. There just wouldn't be any time left to do business, much less any spit left at all.

Absolutely agree with the above comments!!
The smaller places will ignore it because of the time required to comply.