View Single Post

Old 05-01-2018, 10:58 AM
US Veteran

Liked 503 Times in 162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
I am not a lawyer. But it seems to me, If I live in Michigan and send money to a firm in North Carolina (besides it being Interstate Commerce and a Federal issue which has been mentioned) the SALE took place in North Carolina. The money (or running of the credit slip) and the goods crossed paths in NC.

No different than if I buy something at Cabellas in Indiana and drive it back home.
See this I could agree with.. Sales tax of the physical location of the vendor. IF they have a location in the state of the buyer, that location's taxes would apply. I also think it withstands Constitutional scrutiny better. AND, it makes states, who want this tax revenue, foster a climate that attracts those businesses.

Illinois is trying to pass a bill to force all sellers to Illinois buyers to pay taxes to the state, regardless of where they are located. Opposition pointed out they should see if other, similar laws are shown to be unconstitutional. The State legislature just wants to capitalize on other state's commerce and use it to alleviate the horrendous fiscal state the state is in (while they continue to drive businesses out of the state).

Sorry, should NOT be able to have their cake and eat it too. Ney, should NOT be able to have someone else's cake and eat it too..
The Following 2 Users Like Post: