View Single Post

Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Liked 7,047 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermgk View Post
. Illinois is trying to pass a bill to force all sellers to Illinois buyers to pay taxes to the state, regardless of where they are located. Opposition pointed out they should see if other, similar laws are shown to be unconstitutional. The State legislature just wants to capitalize on other state's commerce and use it to alleviate the horrendous fiscal state the state is in (while they continue to drive businesses out of the state).
Sorry, should NOT be able to have their cake and eat it too. Ney, should NOT be able to have someone else's cake and eat it too..
^^^^^^^^^^
This is definitely the truth. Politicians see any potential income as a way to fund useless programs in their jurisdictions on the backs of businesses in other jurisdictions....requiring them to collect and forward tax money to them. Being from Md ...many years ago the governor actually had people arrested who while in (let's use Virginia)Virginia and bought a carton of cigarettes for driving back home in Md for violation of Maryland's tobacco tax laws. It really didn't fly. Court said buying something out of state for personal consumption was not illegal. So all of you remember...buy a bottle of booze in one state taking it home in another not only incurs sales tax but alcohol taxes etc...much less dry county laws...state liquor stores. I buy stuff in a sales tax free state for personal consumption..and will refuse to pay sales tax in another location I did not purchase it in. And yes...I understand use tax.

Last edited by Skeet 028; 05-01-2018 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spell checker errors
The Following 2 Users Like Post: