Thread: S&W 32 Long CTO
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2018, 04:43 PM

Liked 87 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgt4570 View Post
First, it says CTG (abbreviation for CARTRIDGE after the .32 caliber designation), not OTG.
Second, if it's chrome, it was refinished by some bumper shop years ago. If it's the factory finish, it is nickel. Can you post pics?

A timing issue like you describe could be a weak spring, worn parts or just a gun full of old, hardened grease.

Some of the parts are very specific and hard to find while others were shared between model changes and used for several decades.
If it really is as rough as you say it is, it has zero collector value and zero shooter value. It might just be a sentimental paper weight.
Don't think I posted "OTG" but rather I posted "CTO" which is what is stamped on the barrel...as in "32 Long CTO". It's possible what appears to be an "O" is actually a worn "G". But thanks for correcting me.

I said 'chrome' which may in fact be a nickel finish.

The gun has been cleaned thoroughly so I don't think it's dirt, dried grease, etc.

I will post a link to some pictures later in this thread.

If it ends up being nothing more than a paper weight.....that's fine with me. Just thought it would be fun to get it shooting if possible.