View Single Post

Old 05-03-2018, 09:27 AM

Liked 257 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgt4570 View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I think it closed at $550?
I followed that auction and bid a couple hundred bucks as a project frame. The hammer price + buyer's premium + shipping + FFL transfer fee + background check put you way underwater on that one. I have a C&R so I would have saved on the last two. Still, way too high for a heavily pitted, refinished gun with post-war barrel. It might be worth $350 to someone who wants a fun shooter. With that heavy pitting, I would have it blasted and ceracoated and shoot it as-is. Any more money put into it will never increase its value.

You could add an aftermarket rear adjustable target sight. They mount by replacing the upper sideplate screw. I have a couple spares. Let me know if you are interested.
I do appreciate the honesty. I have an FFL and am local so didn’t pay shipping, Ffl fee or tax. I am learning. Just takes trying I guess. I did by this particular one to keep as shooter knowing the issues with it. Still I know I paid too much for this one with its issues but could never pay full price for original. Thnks again.
The Following User Likes This Post: