View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 10:25 AM

Liked 705 Times in 351 Posts

I went back and read your first thread on your 610. A couple of thoughts/comments:

The only new firearm I’ve ever put aside is a CZ 75BD I’m saving for my son. I shot it evough to know it functions and has good accuracy and does not need any warranty work

This appears to be a new revolver? If so and it’s under warranty, send it in for warranty service. I’m not sure why your reluctant to give S&W a chance to repair under warranty. I sent a 669 semi in for possible safety recall 25 years after the gun was purchased. S&W couldn’t tell me over the phone whether the problem was part of the recall or not. Turns out they repaired the problem without charge even though the parts replaced were not the recalled parts. Also I had the 686 recall done a long time after the recall was announced. Quality work and reasonable turn around.

If you sell the 610 I hope you identify the problem and don’t just dump it on someone else. Would I pay full value for a revolver that has problems? No, but then it has problems. Most people expect a discount on anything used. Gun shops won’t pay full retail for gun, they have to make something. They won’t stay in business without markup.

You might have a gunsmith evaluate your 610 and if it’s a warranty matter then send it into S&W, as the posts on your other thread advised. With a smith’s evaluation, which shouldn’t cost much, you give S&W a place to start from