View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 05:59 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Well, per post #37, I called the mothership again today to get a few things clarified.

1) It turns out that I do have to send in the entire gun even if I only want the frame refinished. I can't send in just the frame, populated or stripped. They won't accept it. I see this as a plus for using the local re-anodizing service.

2) I asked if the $15.00 shipping fee was each way or round trip. This time, I was told that there would be no shipping fee as long as I used S&W's send-it-in/get-it-back shipping system. Okay. A plus for the mothership, if true.

3) I asked if it would cost extra if I wanted the color of the anodized frame changed from bright to black (or vice versa). S&W CS said that the refinishing fee ($150) would be the same either way.

I guess my fear is that if I send it the whole gun, the likelihood of those extra charges piled on will be greater. I'm also concerned about reports of guns coming back with accidental damage as other members of the forum have reported from time to time.

But I'm starting to think that a factory color change to the frame could be a really cool bonus here for my money. Then again, the local service can do that too... to virtually any color you want.

Hmmm. Decisions... decisions.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: