View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 06:48 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
They may surprise you and freshen the mechanicals at no cost, they did that to a 29-2 I once sent it. However, that was some years back.
Yep. I thought about that possibility too... ... not to mention the possibility that I could screw something up or lose parts or who-knows-what if I take it completely apart myself. I ain't the gunsmith I used to be ya know... ... not by a long shot!

And I haven't even taken this gun apart yet, but I can tell you that it arrived filthy dirty. God only knows what surprises are in there that I still haven't found yet. I'm almost afraid to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
TTSH - Good info sir - Thanks for the continued updates. I have sent three (all revolvers) to the mothership in the last two years. None have come back with any damage. In fact, when I sent my M64 back for a barrel swap, I'm reasonably sure they re-blasted the frame top and barrel rib. My problem is just the opposite of yours - both of my TSW frames are excellent, but the slides show scratches and handling marks ...
... and the problem with those TSW slides is the laser markings that seem to wear off even faster than they wear off the frames. I looked into that one time, and as I recall, it wasn't cheap to have the mothership re-blast those slides and then re-apply the TSW laser markings. I feel your pain!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: