View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks for the info.

I know it doesn't fix the actual core issue, but I just want it to run as if it were gassed properly, or better yet, run as smoothly as possible with an H or H2 and possibly use the 7% power spring combo if the setup will still run PMC- 55gr 223 minimum, but be much smoother than it currently is.

Some people with properly gassed Carbines even add heavier buffers, so just want to make it a Cadillac basically.

Also, I indeed was wrong, an M16 Carrier is 14 GRAMS heavier, not Ounces... which is ONLY a half of an OUNCE heavier, a tad less than 1 Tungsten weight in a buffer is.

With that being said, if the sweet spot on a SPORT from archived threads was said to be an "H2 Buffer, M16 Carrier, and factory Spring"... If so, me using an H2, Semi-Auto Carrier, and JP +7% power Chrome Silicon Spring may equate to that extra half an OZ that an M16 Carrier would provide, or, it may be a tad more.

I'll try both springs out though.

Again, just want it to run as smooth as possible and already have the Buffers and Springs needed (even have a Nitride M16 Carrier with 158C bolt, but was told the M&P BCGs are such good quality to not swap it out unless it ever craps out one day as their proven to be great as made by "Microbest" supposedly).

With that said, I will not be buying anything to adjust the gas system, although I appreciate that info greatly, but will proceed going this route and was just curious if any active members have achieved this on an Actual SPORT with a JP Spring and Buffers, opposed to seeing the threads about this all over this forum archived on Google.
The Following User Likes This Post: