Thread: 2.0 ejection
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2018, 11:56 PM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

I called Smith and Wesson today regarding the ejection issue. The rep was very friendly, and stated it's the first call he had received regarding this. He urged me to let him send me a label so I could send it back to Smith and Wesson to take a look at it. I told him I would shoot it again this weekend, as I've only got about 350 rounds through it I think. I'm going to take pen and paper with, list how many times it happens out of how many rounds, and notate the ammo I'm using. I told the rep I had watched many you tube vids and seen everyones five inch pistol ejecting just like mine, and am certain it's the loaded chamber indicator causing it. As I said, the rep was very friendly and I was able to speak freely with him. I told him I have experienced sending in guns to manufacturers before, only to receive them back stating "It shot fine for us". The rep (Frank) understood and said they didn't work like other manufacturers and were happy to look at it and resolve the issue. So I'm gonna give it a whirl. I do however believe that they are going to tell me the pistol is in spec and nothing is wrong with the pistol. I think they could possibly insert a lighter spring into the loaded chamber indicater, and that might help. But at the end of the day, I believe I'm going to end up milling off the end of it. It's just the way the pistol is made. If I don't like it, I'm going to have to alter the pistol. But I believe I should exhaust this resource and effort first. I'll update as things progress.