View Single Post

Old 05-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingflapjack View Post
Wonder if the front sight will stand up straight on this'un???????????
From what I have read, this is one of the benefits of the two piece barrel... the shroud can consistently be mounted in the correct position, e.g., front sight vertical. The two piece barrel should allow consistent and correct gaps at the forcing cone as well. [Added: See later post. The Mdl 19 K-Comp has a one-piece barrel]

I haven't read any posts about two piece barrels breaking, cracking, separating, etc., for a long time. I think S&W probably has it down pretty good by now.

I'm glad S&W is continuing to make L frames with one piece barrels though and wonder what the logic/rationale is, in S&W's inner circles, for making both types of barrels. Most of us (on this forum) would probably prefer one piece barrels, but I am working myself towards being open minded on the two piece barrels!

Thank goodness there are still old S&W revolvers out there to show us how they were made in the old days -- but S&W can't going back to those methods of milling, bluing, recessing, pinning, etc., and to not using MIM for certain parts, ever again.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 05-09-2018 at 06:27 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: