View Single Post

Old 05-06-2018, 10:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 391 Times in 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTxDude View Post
"Reduced travel a bit" ..you think you got a $100 worth of improvement? I think they claim a 35% reduction in travel. I was hoping for more improvement than "a bit" seems to imply. Almost sounds like "not much difference".
Better yet, did it improve your accuracy and make it easier to put your shots where you want them?
Did I get $100 worth out of it? I think so, and I'd do it again. I've been shooting it more now that it's warmed up outside. And I like it. 35% sounds close to what I got. The trigger used to travel all the way back to the trigger guard before the hammer would fall. Now it's well before that. I really should measure the difference somehow.

The real advantage is, I now can feel when the hammer will fall much better than before. That has improved my accuracy quite a bit. I now get consistent results and smaller patterns. And that is worth the $100.

As I mentioned, if the gun was strictly for self defense, I would not have bothered. In drawing and shooting while in fear for my life, the stock trigger is just fine. But for enjoying making holes in paper plates, and shooting for fun, the new trigger is an improvement. A $100 improvement.

Last edited by jrclen; 05-06-2018 at 10:12 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: