View Single Post

Old 05-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Liked 7,087 Times in 2,942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Vette View Post
A shooter grade 4" 28-2 has been on my want list but I kinda got hung up (NO regrets) on my 44 mag collection. This gun shoots just as sweet as everyone has said. The previous owner, a retired LEO said he bought it from a friend new and put less than 100 rnds through it himself. The flame cutting above the forcing cone confirms that. No box or docs but I can live with it. I'm glad this one is a shooter and not a pristine "Oh My" I'm askeered to shoot it gun. Like my buddy sw282 said, "This is Miss America in a Corvette" and it ain't just for looking at!
I looked up the serial # in the SCSW 4 and the closest it got me for a ship date was 74-77. The Serial # is N2835xx if anyone can narrow it down for me I'd sure appreciate it!
I took it to the range with 50 ea 38 spl & 357 mag, both 158 gr swc. It only took a couple of clicks on the rear sights to get it on target. One thing I had to change after I got it home & cleaned it was to rob the BK grip adapter from my 66-2 for the next outing. The magnas look great but just didn't fill my hand.
I think I've found a new range friend!!
I finally got it cleaned up and took a few glamour shots.

When I first got it home.

After the range time and a good bath.

My name ain't Elmer but I felt pretty good about the groups for a first time out. The targets are numbered as I adjusted the sights.

And one HORRIFYING discovery!! A canted barrel!!! OMG! How can this be??? I thought this only happened with the NEW S&Ws. I believe my rears may be 2 clicks off center and otherwise you'd never know the difference.

Thanks for looking y'all.
Usta be a Tin Knocker
It would have looked better on the rocks! You know what I mean! Bob
The Following 2 Users Like Post: