View Single Post

Old 05-07-2018, 03:18 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My Advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarste View Post
I think problem solved. ran about 250 rounds thru the gun after "smoothing out" the sharp edges of the shroud
not one problem at all
didn't take off a lot of material just polished the edges
take a look

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hello, I'm new around here, and after read your issue, I have decide to offer my two cents to help... well it's hard to explain this issue, because not all the M&P need what i'm about to explain but here i go...

The M&P have an inaccurate design of the ramp feed of the barrel, but thanks to the new magazine springs and the thight fit of the gun when is new, the problem is not noticiable because prevent the FTF and Misfeeds, but after some use and i mean several thousands of ammo, the problem reveals it self... and that's what i suppose is happening to your pistol...

Now comes the cuestion What to do...?

The solution is fair and simple take the pistol to a Gun mastersmith and request him to change the angle of the ramp until the feed action becomes nice clean and smooth in every angle...

Or buy and aftermarket barrel with a longer ramp feed i can suggest a brand : Silencerco...

Remeber the all M&P original barrels have the same ramp issue, so getting another of the same is not the solution.

I'll share you a photo of what i'm talking about...

images — imgbb.com