View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Liked 485 Times in 237 Posts

Years ago, when I had small children at home, my service revolver stayed in a secure container on the top shelf of the bedroom closet unless it was being worn. I wanted to be awake before being able to access it. All other firearms in the house were unloaded and ammunition stored in another room.
Now, with the children grown and gone, my issued G23 goes from duty belt to holster already in place on the Wranglers that I am putting on, along with a spare 15 round G22 magazine. Pants go on, loose shirt or sweater goes over belt, and I am ready for the rest of my evening.
When retiring for the night, Wranglers with holstered Glock are on the floor just out of reach enough for me to be awake to reach it.
My newly wedded daughter has declared that children will be sooner than later so I need to come up with another strategy for the bedtime Glock and my bride’s 4” M10 in the dresser.
Others have mentioned making it more difficult for unauthorized persons to enter your home. I concur. If proper measures are put in place, both physical and awareness based, the odds, in my opinion, of having to employ force to protect yourself or your family from felonious harm are greatly reduced.

Last edited by Kframerbluvr; 05-08-2018 at 01:26 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: