View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Liked 4,915 Times in 1,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I have a question for you guys. I have a 58 I picked up a few years ago from the original owner. SN S327XXX. It did not have the box, so I have no idea what the factory configuration was. It has a service hammer, target trigger and target grips. Is it possible came from the factory that way? I would think not, but wanted to see what you guys think. I don't recall if the grips were numbered to the gun, but they are packed away and are not easily accessible right now.

Also... I need to have it worked on. The timing is possibly off, as it binds up in both SA and DA. Any recommendations who to send it to? There are no local 'smith's that I trust to do the work. Our local guy seriously goobered up a simple sight install on my M&P22C, no way will I trust him with my 58.
Yes, it is possible that it came from the factory that way. I have seen one at a gun show that had the properly marked box. I also saw one I believe here on the S&W Forums...

When you say "binding up", you mean the cylinder gets sticky turning? Is it only on some of the chambers or all of them? That usually isn't timing, it is usually a cylinder gap issue when the cylinder face is dragging on the end of the barrel.

Bob