View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM

Liked 23 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Eye relief is set when you mount the scope. If you are having issues with eye relief once the scope is mounted, you need to re-mount it. Scope mounted at the proper distance and consistent cheek weld make this a non issue.

Parallax isn't really an issue for a hunting rig. Maybe when you are shooting from a bench you are good enough to notice a little parallax error, but at 100 yards on a pig, not enough to even discuss with a quality scope. Look through the center of the scope and again, non-issue.

The point is, using a scope is much easier than aligning the front and rear sight. Most folks can tell if they are looking through the center of the scope a lot easier than they can properly align sights.

Arguing this level of minutia, particularly for the OP, is like arguing if the AR is truly direct impingement.
Thanks cyphertext,

I totally agree with you on this. I rather get a scope, hire a professional instructor to help me learn how to consistently shoot accurately 0-200 yards.

Once the mechanics is learned, I can easily return to front iron sights accuracy shooting.

Thanks