View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don15-22 View Post
Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've tried loading only 1 round in the magazine, and it failed. Don't remember whether it was on a closed or open bolt, as I tried it a few times.

The bolt was always closed when I had the failure to fire. Didn't see any difference in the position of the bolt between having the magazine empty and loaded.

Also, FWIW, I always saw a dent on the cartridge rim, even though it didn't fire.
If its always on the last round of a mag, I maybe barking up the wrong tree but it sounds like to me that maybe your bolt could be binding / dragging on your hold open mechanism. Try shooting till your last round is loaded but you have not tried to fire, drop the mag while checking if the bolt moves more and if it does close more and see what happens. If she fires after dropping the mag but not when its left in it sounds like the bolt hold open is causing dragging on the bolt possibly preventing the bolt going all the way forward causing the FTF. Also could explain the intermittent issue you see also. And if is it the issue as for a fix frankly not sure. Lets see what we find out first.