View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 12:29 AM

Liked 74 Times in 29 Posts

Well, I'm hear to report back.... still haven't gotten any 2400 or Unique, but IMR 4227 and H-110 has been floated, so tried those, since they were on hand. These were 160 grn cast RN Powder Coated bullets. Used 15.5 grn powder (on both powders, from my reloading this was about middle of road). Both ran well! While I don't have a chronograph, by the reload books should've been about the same FPS, 1,250 to 1,300 range (good enough for me). The H110 seems to have a heavier kick back and MUCH larger flame!! IMR 4227 was more tame feeling and no noticeable flame.

Still gonna get some 2400 or Unique for sure. But was happy about the IMR 4227, as my TRR8 is sometimes my back up hunting gun. I go hunting at night as well with it (obvious reasons, IR light/laser), and nothing sucks more than you NV killed by flame and having to turn off/on you PVS14 after a shot!!! Also, good for home defense as it wont blind you, God forbid you have to use it.

Thought I'd share my experience for folks who haven't tried IMR 4227 yet. Seems like a good one! But 2400 and Unique are next on the shelves, as sometimes you can't just have one powder choice, or even 2....

Again guys. Thanks for all the advice!!