View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
This discussion, especially the Colt fingered collet barrel bushing leads me to ask if anyone has any experience with the Briley spherical bushing system? Depending on WHO and where you ask, you can be told that it's extremely precise or it's a "no labor shortcut cheat."

All I can confirm is that my Smith & Wesson Performance Center Limited target pistols have them, (not 1911's mind you) and these are truly elite and inspiringly accurate pistols that any gun gearhead or craftsman would appreciate. The fit between barrel and titanium spherical ring on these guns are absolutely fine, they just seem to float. It kind of "feels" like perfection to me, but I am no manner of a craftsman like many of you folks.
The pistolsmiths I've talked to say that the Briley spherical bushing system is good, but no better or worse than a standard fitted bushing/ barrel. Maybe S&W is able to keep the cost of the pistol down a little (less labor) by using the Briley...who knows? I wouldn't have any problems with it.