View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 12:43 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Gun Fan View Post
It's not that I've never seen this particular piece, it's really not as old as you think. I can assure you I have one of the largest collections of Smith & Wesson ephemera in the country. I'm willing to bet this was done for a trade show sometime in the 1960's or 70's. This style matches your key chain fob. Smith & Wesson never did commercial fobs in the early 1900's to World War II. When I have time, I'll scan in some fobs I have.
Don Mundell
Assistant Historian
Smith & Wesson Historical Foundation
With all due respect to your status, Don - it's hard for us to argue, because I can't know what you know, and you don't know what I know.
I forgot to specify one more important detail - I am in Ukraine and this subject is found in Ukraine (the former territory of the USSR) where such subjects after 1921 could not get at all.
And on post-WW2 subjects found in the earth at us, such corrosion simply isn't present. I'm a practicing digger with 25 years of experience and can determine the age of the subject by a set of factors.
And no one says that this is a commercial product. It could be a memorial.
All the more intriguing is the fact that such a recent (by your definition) thing does not find analogies on the Internet.
With respect!

Last edited by rocsta; 08-06-2018 at 07:00 PM.