View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 07:19 PM

Liked 3,515 Times in 959 Posts

The answers so far are pretty much what I expected when I started the post. Didn’t think I was missing anything. Bottom line, it’s a matter of preference and confidence. There is a lot of data and test out there supporting almost every SD round made, but in reality I don’t think there is a perfect SD load. Every situation is different and I pray none of us get into any situation to see if what we’re carrying at the time is the right one. With the given that shot placement being the number one priority, size and clothing of an attacker could make a huge difference in what would the perfect round for an attack stopper. Even with center mass hits, what’s struck on the inside could make a major difference. A .22 through the heart would likely be a better stopper than most any bullet missing vitals. I’ve come to the conclusion that practice, not only on the first shot but follow ups as well is priority one. Second would be to remain as calm as possible during a SD encounter. I would like to think I could keep calm in a potentially deadly encounter but hope I’ll never have the opportunity to know for sure. Thanks for all the info shared.
The Following User Likes This Post: