View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts
Default My new favorite "J-Frame" grip combo... Magna's w/Tyler-T's

As the title says: this is my new favorite grip combo. Out of all the grips I've tried from Altamont, VZ, stock S&W, and several other rubber atrocities I won't mention... I'm very impressed with the Magna's coupled with a Tyler-T... This combo even fits my big mitts (hence my screen name), and even gives a modicum of pinky finger support. Pics below of my 78' manufactured "J" frame that I got from an Estate Sale back last January... I have a blued version as well that sports the Altamont solid combats but that could change as well once I get to the range as I've yet to shoot with this combo... but it sure pockets well & the wifey likes this combo for her little hands; So she may get the same combo for her Vintage Colt "D" frame "Agent" with original stocks as well depending... I've shied away from the Tyler's in the past due to the long wait time and their antiquated ordering/business model. I circumvented that little nuance by ordering direct from a vendor from GunsAmerica though. A couple more of these little gems might be on the way after a range trip though if they prove as comfortable to shoot as they feel.

Pic of matching Vintage "J" frame from same estate sale sporting aforementioned Altamont's...

Last edited by HamHands; 05-19-2018 at 04:41 PM.
The Following 25 Users Like Post: