View Single Post

Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncz View Post
Do to my rebate battle over my PC .45 Shield.

Will never buy another new S&W product again.
Well, time heals wounds, as the saying goes. Several years ago, S&W was running a rebate program for their M&P line that was $50 back or 2 free magazines. During rebate period, I ended up buying 5 M&P models, IIRC. Anyway, I was due 10 magazines. It didn't run any better then than this one has...people who submitted their rebate requests long after me were getting their magazines. I started calling CS, and calling them, and it was always one thing after another...out of stock, warranty needs were filled ahead of the rebate program, etc. Meanwhile, others were still getting their magazines. This went on for ONE YEAR...I kid you not. I finally started trying to get in contact with the executives of the company...having worked for a Fortune 100 company, I knew how executive complaints were received. Interestingly, while you can find out WHO the senior executives are (publicly traded companies have to list their officers) the contact info was not available. I spoke to supervisors and managers who said they could refer my complaint upward, but they could not give me the number.

Finally, one of my internet searched revealed the name and number of the VP of Finance of a holding company that was affiliated with S&W. I called her, figuring at most she might tell me it wasn't her area. Not only did she answer her own phone, she listened to my issue, took notes, and promised to call me back. She did call me back, and gave me the name and number of a senior manager in the gun company who was going to call me, and told me if I didn't hear from him within 24 hours to call her back. I did get a call from him, he apologized profusely, and sent me 14 magazines. Yeah, I probably could have asked for more stuff or have been a you-know-what about it, but after spending 30 years in management at a very large company, I know how things can go wrong...anyway, I got my magazines.

I've continued to buy S&W guns because they are good guns. Their rebate programs are poorly administered, but that has nothing to do with the quality of their guns or their warranty of said guns.

Never say never...it just means you have to end up eating your own words.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: