View Single Post

Old 05-10-2018, 10:01 AM

Liked 74 Times in 29 Posts

Lobogunlover, you're totally right in needing a big can for the 45-70. My 12 gauge is humungous!! 18" long, 2.5" diameter (I think) but is stupid quiet. The pump we're building is only going to be 11.5" and 2 or 2.25" diameter (cant remember right now). But this has overall barrel of 18" and 3 shot tube, so construction of it was limited. It's more to just limit report, be fast handling type brush shotgun if you will. Putting a foldable stock as well, keeping the "cruiser" size. Its gonna be perfect at nothing, but definitely swiss army knife in my safe, lol.

I think the 45-70 would have the same issue, lots of gases. Would for sure be awesome! But also reloading may take more work than the 357 I already load. Would think case capacity may be issue, using dacron or such to fill cases when loading subs with some powders. Again, I've never done this, hence that's why I'm here, lol. But guessing as to what would have to be done. 357/38 seems like a "plug and play" type gun, because of physical characteristics. Making a Honda quiet (357/38) is MUCH easier than making a freight train (45-70) quiet.

Last edited by gehlsurf; 05-10-2018 at 10:03 AM.