View Single Post

Old 05-10-2018, 04:57 PM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default 2.0 9mm 5" Comments and Questions

Edit: My concerts have been solved. I was using really cheap ammo. Protip: Don't use cheap ammo with 2.0 5"

I have a few comments, questions, and concerns. To preface, this is my first pistol I have owned. I mention this because these are probably silly concerns that are due to inexperience. There is a TLDR at the bottom

1. I LOVE MY 2.0 FDE 5”
I had a funday a few weeks ago shooting everything my local range had to offer. I shot about 12 different pistols. This was the pistol that gave me the biggest stupid grin on my face while firing. I knew it was the one.

2. FTFeed and FTEject issues:
First 100 rounds were using range ammo (sig sauer elite 115gr). It shot flawlessly. I had 1 FTFire. a super weak handed rack once which caused it not to go into battery, but that was my fault. My leo friend sent me a link to some cheap bulk ammo. I have shot a decent number of rounds out of his glock using the stuff so I trusted it. Have fun laughing at me when you look it up - MaxxTech 115gr.

Every 3rd round was either 45 degree failure to feed or the casing never ejecting resulting in a type II malfunction. I am just going to assume the ammo is horrible due to finding out the 2.0 5” is picky with its ammo. The ammo definitely feels very light. I ordered 7 different type of reputable ammo online that should arrive sometime next week so I can bang them out to verify. The stuff ranges from Remington white box to Federal.

3. Spring Setting:
When I disassemble the slide, I noticed that the spring doesn’t sit flush on the little guide shelf(?name?) that exists for it. It sits freely maybe 1mm above it. When I put it back together, I make sure the spring is sitting on the shelf. I racked the slide a few times and then disassembled it again. The spring moves off the tiny shelf back to just a hair above it.

Is this just how the spring sits or is this related to FTF/FTE issue above? I attached some pictures of what it looks like right after disassembly.

TLDR:

I love the pistol. I think I am stupid for purchasing cheap ammo (MaxxTech 115gr). Do you agree with the ammo being bad? Is my spring situation normal with how it rests above the guide shelf?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180506_134858(1).jpg (56.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20180506_134843(1).jpg (41.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by vgerik1234; 05-12-2018 at 05:24 PM.