View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 01:22 AM

Liked 6,015 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Day 1 (1/2 day) NZ Wild. Inch Nationals.

My first WB match and almost 2 years sincle I short a CAS Match. Got to the venue late, had some car issues, hurried through my prep.

Stage 1: 10 rifle, 6 shotgun, 28 Pistol.
Had a brain fade at the loading table. Closed action and lowered the hammer on the shotgun but forgot to lower hammer on the rifle. Picked up y the R/O as I staged the rifle. Stage DQ but I shot it anyway for the experience. Light primer strike on one shotgun target. Should have manually cocked hammer and fired again but ejected and moved on to next target.

Stage 2: 10 rifle, 5 shotgun and 21 pistol.
Got to the line with no mag in the pistol, but the R/O took pity on me and allowed me to load on the line (like I’m used to in IPSC). Short stroked the rifle twice (how I miss my old one, stolen last year) Missed 2 targets through hurrying my shots.

Stage 3: 6 rifle, 6 shotgun, 21 Pistol.
Pistol targets were a progressive sweep of 6, dropping the first target each sweep. Lost my place, 1 miss and a procedural. Forgot that this particular ‘97 shotgun will lock up if the forened pulled back into shoulder. Lost a few seconds trying to rack it then cocking the hammer by hand and pulling trigger again to unlock action. Ended up taking three shots from the window instead of 2 and moving to next window, so another procedural.

Stage 4: 10 rifle, 7 shotgun, 21 Pistol.
Tilted shotgun while working the action, dropped round on the carrier to the ground. Picked it up again at the end and threw it into the breech for the last target. Short stroked the rifle again and when it went “click” yanked on the lever so hard that a rifle round fell out too!

Oh well tomorrow’s another day.
The Following User Likes This Post: