View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 06:43 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
I FAVOR THE VINTAGE LOOK, CONCEALABILITY, AND GUN CONTROL OF THE PC MAGNA, AND TYLER-T COMBO. I USE IT ON MY L FRAME, NO-DASH, M686, CONVERTED TO A 7 SHOT, FOR EDC.....

ON MY J FRAME, M642-1, I AM USING A SET OF CRIMSON TRACE, LG-405s.THEY ADDRESS THE ISSUES OF MY COMPROMISED VISION, AND THE SHARP RECOIL OF AN AIR WEIGHT J FRAME, ON A PETITE WOMAN, SUCH AS MY WIFE. THE 405 HAS AN AIR CHAMBER, MOLDED INTO THE COVERED BACK STRAP, THAT EFFECTIVELY REDUCES RECOIL. THEY ARE LONG ENOUGH TO PROVIDE A DECENT GRIP, FOR MEDIUM SIZE HANDS......

WERE IT NOT FOR THIS SETUP, MY M642-1 WOULD BE EQUIPPED LIKE MY M686, AND Ham Hands' J FRAME IS.......
That is a beautiful 7 shot M686 and I agree with everything you said...

There is just something that fits, points, and soaks up recoil just right with the Magna's and this Tyler T. All while keeping it's concealability uncompromised is like having your cake, and eating it too. I'm walking my 1 year old German Shepherd last night in a light rain just before bed; and having one "J" in my right front pocket, and another "J" in my right rear pocket was very comforting. We live in a nice area but around Christmas time our neighborhood had lots of packages stolen, cars being rifled thru, and door locks being turned. It was like a bunch of trash banded together and decided to pilfer and blanket the area. I had an encounter with one that came out of the wood line beside our tennis courts and aggressively started walking directly toward me and my daughter. Lets just say, it knew it made a very bad decision immediately, tucked tail, and sprinted off into neighbor(s) back yards. He must have been high as I'm 6'2", 255lbs and am in very good shape. You just can't count on living in a nice area in lieu of concealed carrying anymore, (if you ever could that is.) So, having two "J" frames that I'm quite good shooting/training with, a Streamlight hand held, and my GSD feels pretty good at 10pm! And the neighbors are all none the wiser what I'm carrying becomes priceless!
The Following 5 Users Like Post: