View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Liked 114 Times in 64 Posts
Default Snubbies....Do You Gain Anything by Jumping Up to 357mag over 38 Special and +P ??

Hey all,

I saw an interesting back and forth somewhere a couple days ago where the subject was what 357mag Snubby to carry. Not long after it started the debate kinda switched to whether packing 357mag loads actually gives you an edge over the 38 special and 38 Special +P loads. Quite a few were saying that since the barrel is as short as it is the 357mag doesn't have enough barrel to achieve its ideal velocity and therefore you are better off using a good 38 Special load with less recoil for better and more accurate follow up shots.

I don't know if that's true or not. That's why I thought I'd ask you guys (and gals) cause I know you all have lots of experience in this area and will know for sure.

If you pick up a sweet 357mag Snubby like the M&P340 or the 640 pro, what would you put in it to carry, full house 357 mag or a proven 38 special +P load?

Lastly....if you were going to carry a 357mag Snub....which one would you choose and why?

Thanks for your time and help.
Have a good weekend.
Larry