View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

@DonD

When I was at my range I brought this issue up to the RO. He initially commented limp wrist. I shot 10 rounds, 2 of them did 45* FTFeed. He said it didn't look like limp wrist. He commented about how the MaxxTech bullets sounded light and looked low on recoil. He gave me 2 of his reloads and the "bang" felt and sounded more close to the first 100 rounds of sig. He commented it possibly is the ammo.

Being my first pistol, I am probably just being paranoid and overly cautious.

-----------

@Bkreutz
That is a breath of fresh air. Last night I inspected everything again. I noticed that when the spring is sitting on the shelf, it isn't level. As in, the center of the spring isn't level/parallel with the slide. It maybe is about 5 degrees off vertical center. When the pistol gets racked, it probably forces the spring into "center" position. Resulting it it no longer sitting on said shelf when it is disassembled.

-----------

Going over other threads, someone mentioned ensuring the feed ramp is polished. The ramp is already polished, but I did notice that there was some powder/sludge/black-stuff on the feed ramp. It wasn't a simple 1 quick wipe. I had to brush a little with a qtip to get it off.

Maybe that was the problem? I cleaned it after the first 100 rounds. Maybe some oil got on the ramp and some powder sludged up on the ramp causing these issues. Ammo is coming mid next week, but I will try and hit up the range this weekend to try again. This is turning into an ordeal haha.

Last edited by vgerik1234; 05-11-2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: words and formatting