View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 12:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
That is a beautiful 7 shot M686 and I agree with everything you said...

There is just something that fits, points, and soaks up recoil just right with the Magna's and this Tyler T. All while keeping it's concealability uncompromised is like having your cake, and eating it too. I'm walking my 1 year old German Shepherd last night in a light rain just before bed; and having one "J" in my right front pocket, and another "J" in my right rear pocket was very comforting. We live in a nice area but around Christmas time our neighborhood had lots of packages stolen, cars being rifled thru, and door locks being turned. It was like a bunch of trash banded together and decided to pilfer and blanket the area. I had an encounter with one that came out of the wood line beside our tennis courts and aggressively started walking directly toward me and my daughter. Lets just say, it knew it made a very bad decision immediately, tucked tail, and sprinted off into neighbor(s) back yards. He must have been high as I'm 6'2", 255lbs and am in very good shape. You just can't count on living in a nice area in lieu of concealed carrying anymore, (if you ever could that is.) So, having two "J" frames that I'm quite good shooting/training with, a Streamlight hand held, and my GSD feels pretty good at 10pm! And the neighbors are all none the wiser what I'm carrying becomes priceless!
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS, Ham Hands....

THE PROBLEM WITH LIVING IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD, ESPECIALLY AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, IS THAT YOU ARE VIEWED AS EASY PREY, BY THE SCUMBAGS WHO INVADE OCCUPIED HOMES, BURGLARIZE AND HI-JACK CARS, AND RAPE AND BRUTALIZE INNOCENT PEOPLE........

WITH THE PHYSICALLY IMPOSING FIGURE THAT YOU PRESENT, SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE HIGH ON DRUGS, A BIT CRAZY--OR BOTH, TO APPROACH YOU, WITH BAD INTENTIONS ! ! ! THE 2 J FRAMES ARE INDEED COMFORTING. I WOULD BE CARRYING A FEW SPEED STRIPS, AS WELL. ESSENTIALLY, THESE JACKALS ARE COWARDS, WHO TRAVEL IN PACKS. YOU NEED TO HAVE ENOUGH AMMO, TO THWART MULTIPLE ASSAILANTS. I LEARNED IN VIETNAM, THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HAVING, "TOO MUCH AMMO".........

I ASSUME THAT YOU CARRY YOUR J FRAMES IN POCKET HOLSTERS. I CARRY MY M642-1 IN A MIKA. A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER, A RETIRED LEO, "LEFTY", WHO IS DBA, "BELL CHARTER OAK HOLSTERS" MAKES SOME VERY INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS. THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS, FIT, FINISH, AND WORKMANSHIP, IS EXCELLENT. HE MAKES ONE, THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE. ITS CALLED "THE NEW YORK RELOAD". ITS AN OWB, BELT HOLSTER, THAT CARRIES TWO J FRAMES. ITS NAME DESCRIBES ITS PURPOSE. I CARRY MY M686+ IN ONE OF HIS CUSTOM LEFT HAND, CROSS DRAWS. TAKE A PEEK AT HIS CATALOG, I THINK YOU'LL BE IMPRESSED. (BTW--HE'S NOT MY UNCLE...lol)

STAY SAFE, BIG GUY......

Last edited by one eye joe; 05-11-2018 at 12:56 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: