View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by one eye joe View Post
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS, Ham Hands....

THE PROBLEM WITH LIVING IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD, ESPECIALLY AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME, IS THAT YOU ARE VIEWED AS EASY PREY, BY THE SCUMBAGS WHO INVADE OCCUPIED HOMES, BURGLARIZE AND HI-JACK CARS, AND RAPE AND BRUTALIZE INNOCENT PEOPLE........

WITH THE PHYSICALLY IMPOSING FIGURE THAT YOU PRESENT, SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE HIGH ON DRUGS, A BIT CRAZY--OR BOTH, TO APPROACH YOU, WITH BAD INTENTIONS ! ! ! THE 2 J FRAMES ARE INDEED COMFORTING. I WOULD BE CARRYING A FEW SPEED STRIPS, AS WELL. ESSENTIALLY, THESE JACKALS ARE COWARDS, WHO TRAVEL IN PACKS. YOU NEED TO HAVE ENOUGH AMMO, TO THWART MULTIPLE ASSAILANTS. I LEARNED IN VIETNAM, THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HAVING, "TOO MUCH AMMO".........

I ASSUME THAT YOU CARRY YOUR J FRAMES IN POCKET HOLSTERS. I CARRY MY M642-1 IN A MIKA. A FELLOW FORUM MEMBER, A RETIRED LEO, "LEFTY", WHO IS DBA, "BELL CHARTER OAK HOLSTERS" MAKES SOME VERY INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS. THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS, FIT, FINISH, AND WORKMANSHIP, IS EXCELLENT. HE MAKES ONE, THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE. ITS CALLED "THE NEW YORK RELOAD". ITS AN OWB, BELT HOLSTER, THAT CARRIES TWO J FRAMES. ITS NAME DESCRIBES ITS PURPOSE. I CARRY MY M686+ IN ONE OF HIS CUSTOM LEFT HAND, CROSS DRAWS. TAKE A PEEK AT HIS CATALOG, I THINK YOU'LL BE IMPRESSED. (BTW--HE'S NOT MY UNCLE...lol)

STAY SAFE, BIG GUY......
Joe, again you're right on all accounts! We've lived in Roswell, Georgia for the last 10 years and unlike other areas I've lived in the past... Roswell keeps getting nicer and nicer. And it's considered low hanging fruit with high yield compared to risk just like you say!

And absolutely, "they" are ALL cowards and punks! I carry the nickel Smith "J" frame in my right front pocket in a "Nemesis" holster and the blued "J" is worn on the belt @ 4:00 in a Bianchi
"M58" Holster. One loaded with 158 Buffalo Bore soft cast pills and the other with 158gr Hard Cast Buffalo Bore full wad cutters; both standard pressure. I carry two Bianchi speed strip reloads in my left rear pocket and they are filled with 125grain Gold Dots, standard pressure. The Gold Dot's load into the cylinders faster for me... I think it's because they are copper jacketed and they slide into the chamber holes with less resistance than either soft cast and hard cast non jacketed lead bullets. You really can't have too much ammo just like you said!

I really appreciate your wisdom and for your service in Vietnam! I will absolutely look into your buddies website: "Bell Charter Oak Holsters." A great pocket holster and/or a good OWB holster & belt combo is essential to concealed carry; I'm really interested in the Mika pocket holster you carry as I've heard nothing but great things about it.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: