View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 04:20 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallhunter View Post
Its because of their lousy rebates and a run in with their customer service that S&W is non-existant to me. I will never own one of their products again. Once mine are sold off, thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncz View Post
No more new S&Ws for me either.
I guess I've owned handguns from just about every major gun maker, at least those represented in the US market, and some minor ones too. The companies that have been heads above all the rest are S&W, Ruger, and Springfield. They make good products overall, and they have good service overall....a few obvious examples to the contrary...and they take care of their customers longer and better than any other gun companies.

There are major companies who have very limited warranties, and/or very poor service...and even some whose products and service are very poor. I'm not just a "fan" of S&W, but my opinion is based on long experience. I don't have any concerns with buying a S&W gun...if it isn't right, I have every confidence they will make it right. Same thing with Ruger.

It's up to you to decide what you want to buy and from whom...but it just seems silly to deny yourself good guns over something as silly as a rebate program. In any case, good luck with whatever you choose to do.