Thread: Model 469
View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 05:34 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 651 Times in 244 Posts
Default Oh, Heck Yeah

I rather enjoy finding another couple of 469 (669 and 690xx, I presume) aficionados, clearly you guys are there. For me,
and should others quantify dedication, the 469 and near cousins just mentioned rank just behind my Model 39 collection.

And, yes, that $300 - $325 is a very good price range whilst looking at it from this distance.

One of my resources when on the hunt for specific firearms is Collectors Firearms in Houston, Texas. I've bought S&W handguns there (indeed, most recently a Model 39 just two weeks past) and often compare Collectors' handguns to those I'm pondering.

They're good people at Collectors, do things totally right and are pretty particular about what they put on the Web. As such, you'll find the prices they quote generally are on a higher end of the price scales. Click on this link Smith & Wesson 469 9mm caliber pistol for sale. and it'll take you to a Collectors' Model 469, one of a few they have on hand.

Should one have a firearm that looks like one of those at Collectors (finish, etc.) but cost less, well, my reckoning is that one is looking at a good deal. Now, I use other sources like Bluebook.com, whose coverage gives me a picture of middle and lower ground prices, as well as the upper end but it's a subscription service and you'll need to buy one to access the service.(which I recommend, especially if you buy and then are prone to quickly sell firearms).

In a sustainable trend he 469 and cousin prices have been edging higher over the last couple years. At least one recent magazine article offered the thought that they are desirable carry guns, something with which I'll not argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC47 View Post
Just found a 469, sn A8404xx for 325 in a local pawn shop.
Don't know much about this model. Gun seems in good shape, clean bore, 95% finish but only one mag, no box.
Just wondering if it's worth the price??
Later.
The Following User Likes This Post: